Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fashion Week: Pantone Color Report for Fall 2012

Color Report: Fall 2012




In honor of New York Fashion Week, I decided to take inspiration from Pantone's Fall 2012 Color Report to create an outfit that I would love to wear. I fell in love as soon as I saw this combination of shades; I am so glad that vivid colors are having such a big moment.

Even though I tried to incorporate as many of the shades as possible, I managed to surprise myself when I ended up with an outfit involving five saturated colors and zero neutrals. And while this look is definitely not for the faint of color, the minimal, sophisticated shapes of each individual piece keep it from looking too crazy. By the way, those chartreuse earrings you see? They're $5.37 on asos.com right now, and they also come in cobalt and tangerine. You know what to do.

No comments: