Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dear twIN STYLE: What do I wear to a March wedding?

Dear twIN STYLE,

I have a fashion conundrum! On March 10th, I will be a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding. She wants us to pick out our own bridesmaid dresses. The only parameters she's given us are: something we feel pretty in and preferably floral. The tricky part is that the wedding is an outside wedding in the evening in TX so the temperature could be pleasant or quite cold. Also, having a 2 month old baby, I'm back to a size 4 (hopefully I'll be a size 2 again by March) but my abs are...well...not as toned as I'd like them to be so I need something a little forgiving in the tummy department. And the dress will need to have buttons or a low v-neck that makes it nursing friendly (and a little extra room in the bust). And if that's not enough of a challenge...what do I do for SHOES?! I think the wedding will be informal enough for cowboy boots but what are my other options? It's a challenge that I would only trust to twIN STYLE!

Your admiring reader,

Haley
Bridesmaid Bouquet


I love wedding fashions, so I was way too excited to get this letter! I included flats and wedges for the shoes since it is an outdoor wedding (heels in the mud are the worst), and chose full skirts to accentuate your hourglass figure. As for the possibility of a chilly night, I usually forgo the pashmina in favor of a thick cardigan with a dress. I like the casual, yes I'm beautiful and dressed to the nines, but I'm also as snug as bug air that it lends. Or, even better, dance so hard that you break a sweat! Can't wait to see pictures!

No comments: