Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Daily Look: Work to Weekend



Shirt, Skirt: J. Crew // Shoes: Steve Madden via DSW // Sunglasses: Ray-Ban // Hairband: Gift // Earrings: Stella and Dot // Bracelet: Francesca's // Lips: Milani Rose Hip

While I originally bought this blouse for work, I decided to see how it looked with a casual skirt for a trip to the grocery store, and I really liked how it turned out. Rolling up the sleeves and keeping everything else very weekend-appropriate helped balance out the dressiness of the top. I absolutely love when clothes can pull double-duty for casual and professional occasions--it's like getting two for one! In fact, I sometimes avoid buying clothes that I otherwise like because I'm afraid that they will only work for weekend or work (a habit that I sometimes have to force myself to break).

Do your clothes pull double-duty, or are the work and weekend sections of your closet separate? What qualities do you look for in casual and professional clothes?

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Nice outfit, your headband's really cute. :)
I like to buy clothes that can be used for double-duty. I don't have a job but sometimes I like dressing up a shirt or dressing down a pencil skirt.

Sam said...

Very cute!

m said...

that bright blue looks great with pink!