Friday, November 21, 2014

Runway to Reality: Oscar de la Renta Fall 2014

When I was flipping through fashion shows online and saw this beauty, I knew I wanted to find a way to recreate it.  It's so simple, but the proportions are absolutely perfect!  The flounce at the bottom of the skirt perfectly balances the chunkiness of the sweater, and the fact that it's black and white really lets your eye focus on the shapes.


I may not be able to find the simple perfection of Oscar de la Renta in my closet, but I can definitely use it as inspiration for my winter work wardrobe.  Chunky sweaters I have (although I'd take a few more) and I have several black skirts (that could all use a good once over with a lint roller)!  Plus, I managed to find lots of similar pieces being sold now that would allow you to have a similar look and not go broke right before Christmas!


Look for Less: Oscar de la Renta Fall 2014





What looks are inspiring you lately?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Love this outfit! I would love to wear chunky sweaters to work, but my classroom is so blazing hot that it would be a huge mistake.