Sunday, February 26, 2012

Runway to Reality: Matthew Williamson Fall 2012

My favorite part of fashion week is scoping out the fashion and beauty trends that will be big in the coming year. I've spent the last couple of weeks saving my favorite looks to Pinterest. While an insane number of mind-blowing clothes graced the runways, I tend to gravitate toward the ones that we mere mortals could feasibly recreate with wallet-friendlier pieces. Take, for example, this look from Matthew Williamson's recent show:




I love the combination of colors in this outfit, especially since vivid orange is poised to be huge this year. I also love that this look manages to be not only chic and put-together, but also simple and laid-back. I scoured the internet to create a similar look (minus the sticker shock). The clothes in my version range from $16 for the top to $100 for the boots.

Matthew Williamson for Less




What do you think? Will you be wearing more orange this year?

3 comments:

Twinmom said...

Yes! Just ordered a bright orange shirt from Asos. I love the pairing with dark blue. I plan to bust out my MK Sunny citrus lipstick, too.

Lauren said...

Look at you, all on top of the trends! I don't have much orange in my closet right now, but it looks like I'll have to fix that.

Sam said...

I am going to say the same thing that I say every time you make an inspiration board...I WANT IT!