Thursday, September 20, 2012

Daily Look: Plain Jane



Shirt: Anthropologie // Skirt: Loft // Belt, Earrings: Banana Republic // Shoes: Anne Klein via Endless.com // Bracelet: H&M

When I first paired this top with this skirt, I felt like it was a little too boring. But I didn't want to change, so I decided to make it more fun with accessories instead. Belts are always great for gussying up an outfit, and even though I rarely wear them (mostly because of some combination of forgetfulness and laziness), I spotted this one and decided to give it a go. Now I'm not sure I ever want to wear this skirt without it! I decided to wear strappy heels to play off the knotted straps of my blouse. After grabbing some jewelry and swiping some red on my lips, I was much more satisfied with my outfit.

How do you use accessories to jazz up a Plain Jane look?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Really pretty top!

Anonymous said...

The accessories look great with the outfit! I also like to add a belt to add jazz to an outfit : )
Katherine
www.jagstyleblog.com

Anonymous said...

You look great. I love your style in front of the camera—very comfortable in your skin and very BEAUTIFUL. =]

Rebecca said...

You're certainly not a Plain Jane in this outfit....this is so chic & classic, so pretty!!

REBECCA
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Lauren said...

Thanks chelsey, Katherine, cleartheway, and Rebecca!