Saturday, February 8, 2014

Twin Styled: From Russia with Love

Between the Winter Olympics starting in Sochi, Russia and the arctic air freezing my toes here in Plano, visions of Dr. Zhivago's Lara have been dancing in my mind. The character, played by Julie Christie, may not have led a charmed life, but she sure did have a great winter wardrobe.


Browsing movie stills online got me inspired to put together a somewhat updated version of her look.  Actually, when I really got down to it, I found that it didn't need much updating at all.  Wearing all of the pieces together might come off a bit costume-y, but choosing two or three would look completely modern.

From Russia with Love



In fact, many of the pieces she wore in the movie could be sold in stores today without looking a bit dated.  It makes you realize just how good an investment it is to buy a great, classic coat. 

The hat, on the other hand, would take some confidence to pull off. I wish I had that kind of swagger, because I have a feeling that it would make morning carpool duty much more endurable!

Who is your winter wardrobe muse?

No comments: