Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dear twIN STYLE: What do I wear to a charity event?

Dear twIN STYLE,

I have a style request for you and Lauren. Kasey and I will be attending the Annual Rare & Fine Wine Auction in Austin in April. They are donating the proceeds to the No Kid Hungry Campaign, so Kasey will be there as a representative to man a table, but we will also be able to partake in the evening's activities. So all that to say...what do I wear? Here's a link to the even for more info. Thanks!

http://www.winefoodfoundation.org/events/details/340-RFW%202012


Emilee
spruced up spring



I love any excuse to dress up, and this certainly looks like a fabulous event! The auction is taking place at The Four Seasons in Austin, so I had to think long and hard about the length of dress I would suggest. Ordinarily I might say to take advantage of the occasion and get decked out in floor length, but I finally landed on just below the knee for several reasons. First, this is Texas, and, south of Dallas, we tend to be a more casual bunch. Also, Emilee is so perfectly young and petite that a long gown just wouldn't do her justice. With its sophisticated cut and color, this dress could easily fit in with more formal attire, without her risking being swallowed up by fabric. And, if you click on the link, you can see the super cool back of the dress!

I chose springy shades for the accessories to keep it youthful, and to add a touch of sweetness. Emilee didn't specify a budget, but the items range from $35 for the earrings to $168 for the dress. I'm sure it will be a memorable night, I can't wait to see pictures!

If you would like to know more about the No Kid Hungry Campaign, follow this link!

No comments: