Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Costume Inspiration: Cher from Clueless

It's like totally almost Halloween, and what could be more fun than using it as an excuse to say "As if!" while rocking a plaid mini? Cher is not only one of my favorite movie characters of all time, she may also be my earliest fashion inspiration. Did I buy the Limited Too plaid miniskirt in yellow so that I could look like Cher on the first day of fifth grade? You bet I did. And now that the nineties are having a comeback in fashion, finding the perfect Cher ensemble is really doable!

I don't have an Alaia laying around, so I drew inspiration for my Cher costume from her preppy school uniform.


Although my digitized closet is on the fritz, I was able to find lots of options to make a costume that will make your friends say that you are a total Betty. The knee socks and the backpack purse are no-brainers, but as Lauren said, the feather pencil really puts it over the edge. And, if you really want to negotiate your costume to an A, dig up an old cellular phone!

Halloween Inspiration: Cher




Would you strut your stuff as Cher this Halloween, or do you refuse to fashion advice from a virgin who can't drive? (Way harsh, Tai).

No comments: