Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Look: My So-Called Costume



Denim Shirt: J. Crew // Plaid Shirt: Forever 21 (men's) // Leggings: Old Navy // Boots: Urban Outfitters // Hat: Boden

After Sam's Daria and Cher costume inspiration boards got me thinking 90s, I decided to dress as another one of my favorite teenagers of the decade: Angela Chase, Claire Danes' angsty character from My So-Called Life. I used to absolutely love watching those misunderstood teenagers and all their incredible high school drama.

One of the best things about going the grunge route is that all of the pieces were already in my wardrobe. Oh, except the plaid flannel shirt around my waist, which I nabbed from my husband's side of the closet. As I was putting this look together, I was surprised at how many grunge staples have come back in style (albeit in slimmed-down versions). Leggings, plaid, combat boots, denim shirts, and flannel are all completely current. Just don't wear them all at the same time.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Awesome idea!

twinmom said...

Very cute! Totally opposite of you. How does it feel to dress up totally out of your own character? I like it. That's what's fun about costume parties, right?