Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Runway to Reality: Ruffian Fall 2012

When I peruse the runways each season, I'm always on the lookout for outfits that would actually work in real life. I love conceptual, artistic clothing as much as the next gal, but it's more for appreciation than inspiration. Ruffian's fall show was full of sharp tailoring and gorgeous silhouettes that would look as great on a real woman as they did on the runway. This was one of my favorite looks:



While the pieces of this outfit are certainly nothing we've never seen before, I think it's styled perfectly. And it's definitely ripe for re-creating on a more manageable budget. Here's the look for less:


Runway to Reality




I think what I love most about this outfit is the fact that it incorporates pieces that lots of us already own, so you might not have to buy much (if anything) to wear your own version of it. Just tuck a crew-neck top into a pencil skirt, grab a statement necklace, swipe on some red lipstick, and throw on your favorite pumps. If you have the time, cobalt blue nails would be the cherry (blueberry?) on top. I definitely plan to try my hand at it when the weather cools down a little more.

How about you? Will you try to re-create this look? If so, I'd love to see your rendition!

No comments: