Friday, July 25, 2014

Daily Look: Dark Colors in Summer

We're on vacation! Sam and Lauren are spending two weeks exploring California from San Francisco to San Diego. We've scheduled posts for every other weekday that we're gone. In the meantime, follow our trip on Instagram @twinstyle_sam and @twinstyle_lauren. 



Blouse: Loft // Shorts: J. Crew // Shoes: Ann Taylor // Earrings: Francesca's // Ring: Asos

It's a strange phenomenon, during the winter I always miss my bright summer wardrobe and in the summer I start missing the deeper colors of my cold weather clothes.  I think it's somewhat due to my tendency to anthropomorphize all of my belongings.  Whenever I chose which stuffed animal to sleep with as a kid, I felt bad for the ones left on the shelf and tried to keep the rotation very fair so I could spare their feelings.  So, when I saw this dark lipstick languishing in my makeup bag, I decided that I couldn't leave it lonely for another day!

It was definitely out of the ordinary, but I actually think that it worked.  Short shorts and sandals kept the outfit from looking too wintry, and the unexpected lip color really popped.  Now I just need to avoid making eye contact with my coat.  Lipstick is one thing, but if I start feeling guilty about not wearing wool, I'll be in real trouble!



Will you wear deep colors during the summer, or do you prefer to keep it bright?

No comments: