Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Daily Look: Throw Something On!

We're on vacation! Sam and Lauren are spending two weeks exploring California from San Francisco to San Diego. We've scheduled posts for every other weekday that we're gone. In the meantime, follow our trip on Instagram @twinstyle_sam and @twinstyle_lauren.



Blouse: Asos // Jeans: Madewell // Shoes: BCBG via Marshall's // Earrings: Loft // Ring: Vintage

One teeny tiny problem with the summer is that with so few things on my schedule, I tend to get very lazy with my fashion.  And when I say lazy, I really mean that I stay in pajamas all day.  When my only companions are my cats, it really doesn't matter, but when someone unexpectedly knocks on my door at two in the afternoon, I have to scramble.  This outfit is the result of just such a scramble!  Maintenance took me by surprise last week, and I barely threw this top and jeans on before they used the master key to come inside.

Once I had passed the great hurdle of getting dressed, I decided to really go all out and brush my hair. After that it only seemed natural to add a ring, slap on some lipstick, and pop over to Target.  Hey, if I'm going to take the time to change out of my elementary school t-shirt, I might as well check out the clearance section, right?



Do you get changed when someone knocks at your door?  I know Lauren will just answer in her pajamas, but I have had to learn my lesson from past mistakes.  I once let in maintenance having forgotten that I had completely unzipped the side of my dress.  Another time, I thought UPS had just left a package at my door and opened it in my robe only to find two momentarily stunned Mormon missionaries.

No comments: