Thursday, July 10, 2014

Daily Look: How to Wear a Crop Top Without Showing Skin



Crop Top: Express // Skirt: H&M // Shoes, Necklace, Bracelet: Ann Taylor // Ring: Madewell // Sunglasses: Cole Haan via Marshall's // Earrings: Target // Lips: Mary Kay Firecracker

I've been looking to add more boxy, cropped (but not crop-top) blouses to my wardrobe, so when I spotted this striped shirt during Express's 50% off sale last week, I pounced (especially because it was an insane deal at $10). But when I tried it on yesterday, I realized that it's a full-on crop top, landing a little above my bellybutton. Now, I'm fine showing my midriff at the beach, and I think it's cute when celebs show a little skin on a red carpet, but I just don't go anywhere I'd feel comfortable baring my belly. Still, this top was so cute, with its textured, woven stripes, that I decided to see if I could make it work (plus $10). I decided to try it on with a high-waisted skirt, and, lo and behold, no skin was showing, yay! I really like the proportion it creates, making my torso look smaller and my stubby legs longer (I hope). I plan to wear it to work with a camisole layered underneath for extra insurance against a midriff-slip.



Are you into crop tops? Would you (or do you) wear them? I always said I never would, but I guess I should've never said never!

1 comment:

Sam said...

What a fashion plate! I'm feeling frumpy now!