Thursday, September 11, 2014

Daily Look: Summer Layers



Crop Top: Express // Shirt: The Limited // Skirt: ModCloth // Shoes, Bracelet: Ann Taylor // Earrings: Target // Sunglasses: Ray-Ban // Lips: Revlon Certainly Red // Rings: Madewell, Gift // Nails: Essie Where's My Chauffeur? // Toes: Urban Outfitters Absinthe

It seems like everywhere I look, people are bundling up for chilly temperatures. My Instagram feed is full of New Yorkers putting together their most creative layering looks, and all I can do is wait for the heat index here to drop below 100. Still, I was finally able to do a little bit of layering yesterday, hot as it was, mainly out of necessity. See, I wanted to wear this crop top to work, but I knew I needed an insurance policy against showing too much skin in case I needed to bend over or reach for anything. This sheer sleeveless top was the perfect piece to throw on underneath because it added almost no extra bulk--I didn't even notice it!



Have you done any layering lately? Are you as eager for fall temperatures as I am?

2 comments:

Sam said...

Did everyone at school just squeal over the cuteness of this outfit?? I did.

Lauren said...

Haha no. I don't think it got it's due!