Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back to School Chic

Back to School




Well, if you've turned on the TV or looked at a calendar lately, you've probably noticed that it's back-to-school time. When I was in school, this was the time of year that I'd both dread and look forward to the most. I absolutely loved going back-to-school shopping--picking out a new wardrobe for the coming year was so exciting, and I always spent way too much time carefully selecting the perfect outfit for the first day of school. But, of course, I was never ready for summer to end, and having to start a new school year was always nerve wracking.

Although I never went to a school that required uniforms, I was the weirdo who secretly wished I did. With that in mind, I decided to create an uber-preppy outfit that is my vision of schoolgirl chic. And even though I'm a teacher now, I would still absolutely love to wear this outfit.

Did you love or dread going back to school as a kid? And did you get to pick your clothes, or did your school have uniforms?

No comments: