Thursday, November 8, 2012

Daily Look: Preppy Layers



Shirt, Earrings: Banana Republic // Sweater, Blazer: Loft // Skirt: Gap // Shoes: Kimchi Blue via Urban Outfitters

For as long as I can remember, I've been a fan of the preppy schoolgirl look, particularly the version that Cher Horowitz perfected in Clueless. I never went to a school with a uniform policy, but I was always a little bit jealous of people who did (despite the fact that they were probably all jealous of kids who got to pick out their own outfits). Now that I'm an adult, I don't really want to look like I'm still in school, but I can still take inspiration from the prepster pieces that look downright cute together. There's something about layering a blazer over a sweater and collared blouse that just feels right. The hairband and wingtip flats just sweeten the pot.

Are you a fan of the preppy look? How do you like to wear it?

No comments: