Saturday, May 12, 2012

Daily Look: Stripes and Spikes



Shirt, Skirt, Earrings, Necklace: Banana Republic // Shoes: Bandolino via DSW // Bracelets: Forever 21 // Nails: Sephora by OPI Hippo to Be Square // Lips: Mary Kay Gloss in Rock 'n Red // Toes: Forever 21 Coral // Sunglasses: Ray-Ban

This basic khaki skirt was one of the first things I bought after landing my first post-collegiate job. At the time, I had a closet full of jeans, t-shirts, and shorts that I had to transition into a closet full of professional attire. Nearly four years later, I still wear all of the pieces I bought on that shopping trip, which just goes to show that timeless basics always give you great bang for your buck.

Did you have to go shopping for work clothes after you finished school? Do you still wear any of the clothes you bought?

5 comments:

Kiley Kate said...

I bought a few pencil skirts and button ups after I graduated but still don't have a professional-enough job to warrent wearing them on a regular basis. It's been mostly uniform tops with jeans or khakis.

Lauren said...

Sometimes I wish I worked somewhere with a uniform. It would definitely make getting ready in the morning a lot simpler!

Sam said...

I didn't really start building my wardrobe until I finished grad school. I still have some catching up to do!

Wendy said...

I love striped shirts! Unfortunately, I don't think I own any... well, just one but I tend to save it for cooler weather.

Lauren said...

Sounds like it's time to go shopping, Wendy! If I didn't stop myself, I'd probably have a closet full of stripes. I don't know why I love them so much, but I do!