Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Halloween Costume Inspiration: Clarissa Explains It All

I don't know about you, but when I was growing up, no one seemed cooler than Melissa Joan Hart's character on Clarissa Explains It All. She had a lizard named Elvis, a friend who entered her room by way of a ladder, and by far the coolest clothes of anyone I had ever seen. Her style is, for me, the be all end all of 90s fashion. She had it all--oversized t-shirts, neon socks, and side ponytails. She even brought the grunge with her motorcycle jackets and men's boots.





Perfection.

So the child of the 90s in me couldn't resist putting together a Halloween costume capturing that Clarissa cool. Goodwill would definitely be your friend if you decided to put a Clarissa look together. A trip to Forever 21, and maybe the back of your own closet might work as well. All you really need are some outrageous leggings, edgy jewelry, and chunky boots. It's a little bit Nirvana meets Care Bears...in a good way.


Halloween Inspiration: Clarissa



Would you dress up as Clarissa? I am thinking I may just have to; I guess I never completely stopped wanting to be her!

No comments: