Monday, October 24, 2011

Dear twIN STYLE: What do I wear for girls' night out?

My mom called me the other day to ask me what to wear for a night out with her girlfriends. In a bit of a role reversal, my mom is much more of a night owl and social butterfly than either Sam or I are. Like a worried mom bugging her teenager, I've even called my mom late on a Saturday night wondering where she is and demanding that she come home! Here is what I came up with:

Night Owl

T shirt
$30 - topshop.com

Miss Selfridge black jacket
£115 - missselfridge.com

Nine West leopard booties
$109 - piperlime.gap.com

Banana Republic metal necklace
$70 - bananarepublic.gap.com

Kendra scott earrings
$60 - charmandchain.com

Crystal bangle bracelet
$29 - fantasyjewelrybox.com

Wrap bracelet
$15 - amazon.com

Illamasqua Lipstick
$27 - asos.com

Ann Taylor
$158 - anntaylor.com


My mom tends to like clothes that are fun and flashy, so I knew I wanted to find an outfit with some sparkle. I went with a nighttime-inspired, all-black color palette, broken up with pops of violet from the jewelry and nail polish. The paillette mini is a showstopper, so I tried to keep the rest of the look fairly simple.

I think that this outfit could work for a variety of ages. While it's sparkly and a little sexy, it's also completely covered up. I would definitely rock this look if I owned it. Hope you like it Mom!

Have a fashion emergency? Nothing to wear? Hit us up at hellotwinstyle (at) gmail (dot) com and we'll do our best to help you out!

2 comments:

Sam said...

I can totally see mom in this!

twinmom said...

I love it! It's great having a personal stylist. I feel like a star!