Saturday, April 13, 2013

Daily Look: April Showers



Shirt: Ann Taylor // Blazer: H&M // Pants: Loft // Shoes: Libby Edelman via Marshall's // Earrings: Banana Republic // Necklace: Stella & Dot

Well, it's definitely April here in Indiana. The phrase April showers bring May flowers never meant much to me living in San Antonio, where we're sure to be in a drought by April, and all the flowers have definitely stopped blooming by May. But it rings true up here, where the forecast for as far as I can see has me bracing myself for chilly weather, wind, rain, and a lot of bad hair days (like the one you see here!). I purposely chose bright, saturated colors for this outfit so that I would stand out from the dreariness of the day, though I'm sometimes inspired to do the opposite.

Do April showers bring May flowers where you live? How do you like to dress when it rains?

3 comments:

Sam said...

I want those shoes!

Junaberry said...

holy crap, those shoes are ridiculous(ly amazing).

Lauren said...

Thanks Junaberry! I remember basically skipping home when I got them.