Thursday, April 11, 2013

Daily Look: Goodwill Hunting



Sweater, Skirt: Banana Republic (via Goodwill) // Shoes, Earrings: Banana Republic // Bracelet: Gift

Last week, my husband and I spent a few days in Chicago. He surprised me by planning everything, including mapping out the best-rated consignment shops in the city. Much to my shock, one of them wasn't really a consignment shop at all--it was a Goodwill near Oprah's Harpo Studios. Well, I admit I was a tad skeptical. I'm no stranger to Goodwill--I spent a good deal of my time and money there during college--but I  can't say I remember finding a ton of quality clothes there. Well, folks, this one was different. I ended up finding more good stuff there than at any of the consignment shops I visited. I came away with this sweater and skirt, plus two more tops and a coat, all for $30 and for a good cause. It was pretty magical.

Do you like secondhand stores? Have you ever found anything good at Goodwill?

3 comments:

Kiley Kate said...

If you didn't this time, you should check out Crossroads Trading Co. next time you're in Chicago. It's more like an upscale Plato's Closet and last time I shopped I got a Lacoste dress for $18.

Unknown said...

I have that skirt too!!

Lauren said...

Kiley Kate--Thanks for the intel. If I get a chance, I will definitely check it out.

Mom--I actually had it already, just in a different color. Too bad my gray version wasn't $7!