Monday, April 22, 2013

Runway to Reality: Nina Ricci Spring 2013

I love that pants are so prevalent on runways right now. I always adore skirts and dresses, but pants are important parts of the work wardrobes of almost every woman I know, myself included. So it is wonderful that they are finally starting to get some attention. Lately, stores are moving from only stocking the oversized slacks I've been avoiding since I started working to sleeker, more flattering silhouettes. Of course, my favorite pants are still jeans!

This week I decided to re-create a look that I love from Nina Ricci's Spring 2013 Ready-to-Wear collection because I think it would work great with some awesome work pants, but it could also be translated into a jeans look on the weekend.



I ended up choosing jeans for my version, but I think it would also look great with light colored skinny trousers. These pieces are actually so classic that they would be a breeze to find in one trip to the mall. In my re-creation, everything is affordable, but you probably already have at least a few of the items in your closet, so it would be even cheaper!


Nina Ricci Look for Less




Would you wear this feminine pants look? How many of the items do you have already? I think all I'd need would be the bag and pants.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I've been looking for a pale pink cardigan. I tried one on yesterday, but it was a bit too expensive.