Thursday, May 15, 2014

Daily Look: Going Pro



Shirt, Skirt, Necklace, Earrings: Banana Republic // Shoes: Nine West // Lips: Revlon Certainly Red // Sunglasses: Cole Haan via Marshall's // Necklace: Ann Taylor // Bracelet: Gift

This outfit is made almost entirely of some of the first pieces I bought when I started working full-time after graduating from college six years ago. In fact, I wore these shoes on my first day of post-grad work back when I used to work a 9-5 office job (I was so nervous!). But I still like and wear these clothes because they're such classic professional wear, the types of clothes that take forever to go out of style.

What do you wear when you want to go pro(fessional)?

2 comments:

Julie said...

I like the length of that skirt. It hits perfectly at your natural waist--too often I find that pencil skirts will sit below my natural waist, resting more on my hip line. I like this look much better.

Style by Joules

Lauren said...

I totally agree Julie. I don't understand why it's so hard to find skirts that don't ride low. Not only does it look more flattering, but it helps keep your shirt tucked in so you're not always fiddling with it.