Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Daily Look: To the Mall



Shirt: Express // Skirt: H&M // Shoes: Me Too via Marshall's // Earrings: Banana Republic // Rings: Madewell // Watch: Seiko // Lips: Mary Kay Lip Gloss in Pink Parfait

Confession time: As much as I love shopping, I kind of hate going to the mall. It's not that I hate all malls--some are great--it's just that ours is perpetually crowded and hard to navigate, so I tend to avoid it. However, I've been doing a bonkers amount of online shopping this summer, and I ended up developing a stockpile of things that needed to be returned because they either didn't fit or I didn't end up liking them as much in person (this shirt, which I got for $12 at Express, was one of the keepers). Seriously, our guest room is overflowing with boxes, and I'm pretty sure our UPS guy thinks we're hoarders. So last weekend, we braved the crowds of Texas's back-to-school tax-free weekend and set off to make our returns. The process wasn't fun, but I left the mall feeling much lighter and a whole lot richer. Bonus: One of my former students spotted me and the look of pure horror on her face at seeing a teacher out in the real world was pretty much priceless.



Are you a mall fan or a mall hater?

1 comment:

Sam said...

I love that shirt!