Monday, December 2, 2013

Daily Look: Inspired by Layers



T-Shirt: Gap // Shirt: Bitten by SJP (via consignment) // Jeans: Forever 21 // Booties: Matisse via Piperlime // Jacket: Sanctuary via Piperlime // Sunglasses: Target

I'm always a huge fan of dressing in layers--not only does it look cute and add a little bit more interest to an outfit, but it's practical too--but I don't always remember to try new ways to put my clothes together. I'm always looking for ideas and inspiration wherever I can find it. So when I saw this adorable outfit on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to re-create it. The weather was perfect for dressing in layers this Saturday, so I busted out a t-shirt, chambray button-down, and my leather jacket. I was pleasantly surprised that the chambray shirt really did provide an extra layer of warmth, so I will definitely try this layering combination again.

Are you a fan of layering, or do you prefer to keep it simple? Do you get outfit ideas from Pinterest?

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love layering. Cute shoes, too!

Lauren said...

Thanks Kate!

love2stitch said...

Hands down layering addict. Even more so after I moved to US many moons ago... In summer 90+ outside and freezing 68 in AC (winter just reverse) - one can only survive by layering.
Love your outfit. I'm a big fan of chambray shirts - also use them to anchor more colourful outfits.