Monday, December 16, 2013

Daily Look: Office Holiday Party



Dress: Frock by Tracy Reese via Anthropologie // Tights: Banana Republic // Shoes: Nine West // Bracelet: Ann Taylor // Earrings: The Limited // Lips: MAC Rebel

I wore this fluffy, floral dress to my school's holiday party last weekend. I bought it during an end-of-season clearance at Anthropolgie last year, but this was my first opportunity to take it for a spin. Buying a party dress without a party in mind probably wasn't the smartest decision I've ever made, but the dress was just too darn cute (and too big of a bargain) to pass up, plus I figured I'd have some reason to wear it. Well, I may have been the dressiest one at the party, but sure enough, I found an occasion to wear it. This foofy dress was so much fun that I think I want to wear it every day from now on. Sadly, it probably isn't socially acceptable to wear a dress like this to the grocery store.

Have you gone to any parties lately? What did you wear?

2 comments:

Jenna Hatfield said...

It doesn't have to be "acceptable" to dress nicely. Just do it. :)

I was also the most dressed at the Fire Department Christmas party. I wore a black and white houndstooth foofy (best word) dress with a red shrug and black and red shoes. I kind of want to wear it to go buy dog food at Tractor Supply today.

Lauren said...

That would be awesome Jenna! I once read that when you're overdressed, people just think your going somewhere fabulous later.