Friday, May 31, 2013

Daily Look: Sun Hat



Shirt: ModCloth // Skirt: Target // Hat: Mint via Urban Outfitters // Shoes: GoMax via Ella Blue // Sunglasses: Betsey Johnson via Marshall's

The last time I was in Boerne, a shop owner asked me where I was from, and when I replied San Antonio, he made a joke about my not looking like a Texan. Yes, it's true, when people picture a Texan in their minds, they probably don't envision blinding paleness. But I am naturally very fair, and I don't think that a golden tan is worth the health risks. So, what with the blazing sun in this part of the country, I have to work very hard to avoid overexposure. I wear sunscreen, avoid going outside during peak sun hours, and always seek shade. This sun hat has been a great addition to my sun avoiding arsenal, because it keeps my neck and face in constant shade. Plus I think it's pretty darn cute!

Are you a sun worshiper, or do you stay in the shade?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Maggie here from ModCloth. I just wanted thank you for featuring one of our ModCloth shirts on your adorable blog. Your picks are pretty ModFabulous! We’d love for you to share some of your photos on our Style Gallery. Can't wait to see how you style your next outfit! :)

Kate said...

It IS pretty darn cute! I love the top and the hat together. So Summery!

Kate from Clear the Way

Sam said...

Maggie--I will definitely check it out.

Kate--Thank you so much!